If you would like to recycle at your organization’s next event, KCSWA can help!
We have a supply of recycling containers available at no-cost for loan
to municipalities, clubs, schools, churches, or other organizations on a first come, first serve basis.
Incorporating recycling into your event requires some proactive planning, but by targeting your materials and knowing your recycling options, you CAN have an easy-to-manage recycling program at your special event. Ranging in size from small gatherings to multi-day events that attracts hundreds or thousands of people, events can generate large amounts of waste. This is an opportunity to recover significant amounts of waste for recycling.
Equipment and Usage Guidelines:
Recycling tips for your event:
- Place recycling containers and trash receptacles side-by-side in high traffic areas
- Make sure trash receptacles look different than recycling containers
- Routinely monitor the recycling containers and remove any trash.
- This serves to minimize contamination. Once a recycling container gets contaminated, it can quickly fill up with more trash because guests may disregard labels and look what is inside the container to see what should go in.
- Empty the recycling containers as needed throughout the event.
- Advertise in your event program that recycling is available
- Donate unspoiled and non-perishable food items to local food banks