The Kanawha County Solid Waste Authority
The Kanawha County Solid Waste Authority (KCSWA) is in charge of waste reduction and recycling for Kanawha County. In 2015, the agency demolished the old recycling facility, and we are currently working to create a long term solution for recycling. Beyond providing a location for Kanawha County residents to recycle, the agency is also focused on:
- Educating the public on the importance and benefits of recycling.
- Raising awareness of recycling opportunities and requirements.
- Facilitating the recycling of all materials in Kanawha County.
The KCSWA strives to educate our entire community and is available to serve the public upon request. We have an active role in the community and are the first point of contact for anything and everything related to recycling. Please contact our office if you would like to learn more about:
- Speaking Engagements
- Public Events
- Obtaining Educational Materials
- Becoming a Volunteer or Neighborhood Ambassador
- Partnering with the KCSWA for an Event
- Teaching or Planning Waste Reduction/Recycling Classes
- Any other recycling-related inquiries